Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I record DAPS transition in Delta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I record DAPS transition in Delta?

How can I record DAPS transition in Delta?

With the recent launch of DAPS Coin the community have asked how they can record Token to Coin transition in Delta.
    Since there are multiple ways and not one perfect solution on how to track this transition in a portfolio tracker,
    Delta will not automate / perform some sort of transition within the app.

However, here are a few ways you can reconcile data in your portfolio with any transitions/ swaps.

Simple sell for 0 value
    • SELL the DAPS Tokens for 0 price
    • Enter a BUY of DAPS Coins for 0 price
    • This method is simplest and recommended if you are not concerned with keeping the same profit & loss values for DAPS Coin that you had for DAPS Token.

Sell for current price
    • Enter a SELL of all your DAPS Tokens for the current price (or price at time of transition)
    • Enter a BUY of DAPS Coins for current price or price at time of transition
    • Essentially, this pair of buy and sell behaves as a DAPS Token / Coins buy.
      This method is recommended if in your perspective the transition can be recorded as an indirect DAPS Token / Coin trade.

Export/ Import CSV
    • Export a CSV of your portfolio (available via the desktop version).
    • In a copy of the csv file, delete all lines but keep only those that correspond to DAPS transactions.
      Keep a BACK-UP of this csv file before making following modifications!
    • Replace DAPS Coin instead of DAPS Token
    • Make sure you select an exchange that is supported for DAPS otherwise the app will give an error.
    • Import the CSV with the modified DAPS transactions. (Recommend importing into a new portfolio to test).
    • If DAPS transactions look okay and costs / proceeds from these transactions are similar (they will not be exactly equal),
      go to DAPS Token in your portfolio and click "Remove from portfolio".
      Removing a coin/ token from the portfolio deletes all its and any linked transactions and is irreversible!
    • If you need to revert the above, just remove the DAPS Coin from your portfolio and import the back-up mentioned above with the DAPS Token trades.
    • Note again, that removing coins/ tokens from the portfolio is irreversible! These changes are also reflected in the back-up QR code
      which is a dynamic back-up and a snapshot. In short, having a back-up QR code will not help you recover deleted coins.
    • This method is for those who want to keep the exact same transaction history and similar cost values.

It is up to you, to decide which method to use depending on your perspective, tax regulations and/or personal preference.
    If you have any questions or need support, don't hesitate to contact Delta via https://t.me/getdelta.
Working...
X